(hint: it’s always a good time to come to Santa Barbara!)
Santa Barbara is more than just a pretty face. With so many events and community gatherings happening each year in such a beautiful place, the time is always right to visit our little slice of paradise. You can find all of the major Santa Barbara happenings here but listed below are just a few of our local favorites along with insider knowledge for each. Interested in experiencing one of these events first hand? You can find premier accommodations here.
Santa Barbara International Film Festival | January 15-25, 2020
- Insider tip: On awards nights featuring celebrities, actors and actresses, it is typical for them to walk around the crowd barriers in front of the Arlington Theater before they walk the red carpet. They’ll take pictures with fans, sign autographs, and give high fives. Even if you don’t have tickets, you can wait outside near the entrance and meet some of your favorite people!
Earth Day Festival | April 27-28, 2019
- Insider tip: It has been said that Santa Barbara was the birthplace of the modern environmental movement back in 1970- and this big festival justly pays homage to that. Join the community in Alameda Park throughout the weekend for a clean car show, beer & wine garden, live entertainment, homegrown food creations, and more!
Polo Season- Official Opening Weekend | May 5, 2019
- Insider tip: Every Friday evening, starting the first weekend of May, there is a “Happy Hour” match, complete with free parking and drink specials. This is slightly less formal than your average Sunday afternoon polo match, but still high class and enjoyable for all!
I Madonnari Street Painting Festival | May 25-27, 2019
- Insider tip: This event will celebrate its’ 33rd year in Santa Barbara over Memorial Day weekend- it was the first of its kind in North America! The event raises funds for the Children’s Creative Project (CCP) here in Santa Barbara and features tons of Italian vendors, booths and live music for the whole family to enjoy!
Summer Solstice Celebration | June 21-23, 2019
- Insider tip: The Summer Solstice Workshop is located at 631 Garden Street, and it is open May-June for people of all ages, talents and backgrounds to come in and see what is in the works for the current Solstice celebration and make some creations of their own!
Old Spanish Days Fiesta | July 31 – August 4, 2019
- Insider tip: The Our Lady of Guadalupe Mercado is the place to go for the most authentic Mexican cuisine of the festival. Additionally, there are plenty of vendors and places throughout the entire city during the week of Fiesta though so be sure to check them all out!
Goleta Lemon Festival | September 28-29, 2019
- Insider tip: The weekend-long festival is a wonderful event for the family, but check out the www.lemonfestival.com for even more events happening before and after the festival weekend- including a 5k!
Like we said, those are just a mere taste of the variety and types of experiences and events Santa Barbara has to offer. For more details or information, be sure to check out our website or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!